For radiotherapy and chemotherapy, acupuncture can greatly lessen the adverse reactions in the digestive and nervous systems, as well as providing protection against damage to haematopoiesis (232-237).
232. Chen GP et al. [Observation of therapeutic effects of acupuncture in 44 cases with gastrointestinal reaction induced by radiotherapy and chemotherapy.] Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1996, 16(7):359-360 [in Chinese].233. Dundee JW et al. Acupuncture to prevent cisplatin-associated vomiting. Lancet, 1987, 1:1083.
234. Li H et al. Clinical study on acupuncture treatment of side reactions of radiotherapy and chemotherapy for malignant tumour. World Journal of Acupuncture-Moxibustion, 1998, 8(2):8-12.
235. Liu A et al. [Clinical research on attenuating chemotherapeutic toxicity by acupoint stimulation therapy.] Shanghai Journal of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1998, 17(6):8-9 [in Chinese].
236. Wang SZ et al. [Clinical study on acupuncture control of gastrointestinal reactions to chemotherapy.] Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1997, 17(1):17-18 [in Chinese].
237. Xia YQ et al. [Acupuncture treatment of reactions due to radiotherapy in patients with malignant tumour.] Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1984, 4(6):6-8 [in Chinese].